Poker is a game with many different variations. Ranging from the classic five-card poker to Texas Holdem poker and including three-card poker – the game draws many gamblers to its tables.
In this article, we will look at how to play 3 card poker for beginners. We will start by introducing the game of 3 card poker and then we will go on to see how the betting and rules play. Read on if you want to broaden your poker knowledge and learn how to play 3 card poker.
3 Card Poker: An Introduction
Unlike many other forms of poker like Texas Holdem poker, 3 card poker is a variation of the game where each player plays – and bets – against the dealer. This is very important to note. Players do not play against each other. 3 card poker is a combination of two different variations of the game of poker according to Vegas How To: “Three Card Ante/Play and Pair Plus.”
This means that during the game of three-card poker, two games are being played (as mentioned above). A player can bet on the strength of their hand with the initial Ante and further bets – and can bet on getting a pair or better. This is what makes the game so much fun – as there is more than one way of wagering – and winning.
The objective of 3 card poker is to get the best combination of three cards and beat the dealer’s three cards. In this type of poker, a straight is made from thee cards as well as a flush. However, as five-card straights and flushes are impossible – for obvious reasons, according to Vegas How To, a straight beats a flush.
How To Play 3 Card Poker – The Dynamics Of The Game.
3 card poker is an easy game to learn. To begin,
- All players must place an ‘Ante’ to buy into the current round of play. At this stage, players can also place any additional bets or wagers and ‘Pair Plus’ bets (to be discussed later).
- 3 cards are dealt to each player (and the dealer) face down on the table,
- Players have the opportunity to examine their cards. Following this, they must choose whether to ‘raise’ or ‘fold’,
- The dealer’s cards are revealed. If the dealer does not have a queen high or better – they do not qualify for the round, and players are paid out accordingly (see below).
- All players now compare their hands to the dealers. The highest hands win. Remember, players do not play against each other – only against the dealer.
- Ante Bonuses are distributed, or paid out to players who bet an ‘Ante’ wager and a ‘Play’ Wager (see below) and who hold a straight or higher in their hands.
- Pair Plus bonuses or wagers or paid out to each player who has a ‘better pair.’
- Dealer must collect all antes and wagers that did not win or materialize and all wagers and antes from all players who have folded.
How To Play 3 Card Poker Ante Bonuses And Pair Plus Payouts
When it comes to the ratio of winnings earned, the following two tables – adapted from Vegas How To – are clear and simplistic( Please note, for an introduction to the game, though, they are sufficient):
|Straight Flush||5 to 1|
|Three Of A Kind||4 to 1|
|Straigh||1 to 1|
Pair Plus Bonuses (Payouts)
|Ace,Queen,King||50 to 1|
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
|Three of A Kind||30 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Flush||3 to 1|
|Pair||1 to 1|
Well that’s it for today’s post. If you have enjoyed it, do not forget to comment. Also, be sure to read the following post, if you have found this one useful: How To Win At The Casino With $20?